As part of our dedication to members, AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina works with providers and pharmacies across the state to help ensure those who need care have convenient and reliable access to effective health care services.
Use the resources below to assist with member prescriptions and other pharmacy services.
- Member pharmacy benefits.
See which services and drugs AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina covers for our members.
- Pharmacy Clinical Coverage Policies
- Find a pharmacy
Use our online directory to search for an in-network pharmacy near you.
- AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Medication Look-Up Tool.
Use the Medication Look-Up Tool to search for covered medicines.
- Preferred Drug List (PDL)
Prescribers are encouraged to write prescriptions for "preferred" products but may prescribe medications that are not on the PDL.
- If a prescriber deems that the patient's clinical status necessitates therapy with a non-preferred drug, the prescriber will be responsible for initiating a prior authorization request.
- Pharmacy Lock-in Program
Our lock-in program assigns members to a specific pharmacy and prescriber provider.
- Over-the-counter medications and products
AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina covers certain over-the-counter medications and products. Find out more.
- Pharmacy prior authorization
Pharmacy services requiring prior authorization.
- Pharmacy copays
Some members may be responsible for copays for brand prescriptions.
Contact pharmacy services
AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina provides pharmacy services through our pharmacy benefits manager (PBM) PerformRxSM. For pharmacy contracting questions and assistance, call PerformRx Contract Services at 1-800-555-5690.
PerformRx North Carolina Member Services:
1-855-375-8811 (TTY 1-866-209-6421)
PerformRx North Carolina Provider Services: