Your Rights and Responsibilities
AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina works to make sure all of our members get the care, respect and dignity they deserve. Here's how.
Learn about your rights as an AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina member.
- Complaints and grievances
If you have a problem with your care that we can't fix, you can file a grievance.
If you do not agree with a decision to deny or limit your medical care, you can file an appeal.
- State Fair Hearings
If you're not happy about an appeal outcome, you can request a State Fair Hearing.
- To understand a letter or a notice, file a complaint, or to get help with a recent change or denial of your health care services, contact the NC Medicaid Ombudsman at 1-877-201-3750.
- Our dedication to quality
We take steps to help make sure your health care is always excellent.
Get information about your resonsibilities and how you can help.
- Advance directives
Learn how to make important choices about your care ahead of time in case you can't later.
- Report fraud, waste and abuse
Report Medicaid fraud. It is the law.
- Leaving the plan (disenrollment)
Learn how to leave (disenroll) from AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina.
- Online personal health records
Take control of your health. Keep an online file of all of your health records.