NC Medicaid Managed Care provides benefits or health care services covered by your plan.
- Medical benefits
Get information on primary care, maternity care, hospital care, home health services, vision care and more.
- Extra benefits
View benefits and programs available in addition to standard NC Medicaid benefits.
- Behavioral health benefits
Review our services for members with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Pharmacy and prescription benefits
Learn about our pharmacy and prescription benefits.
- Long-term services and supports (LTSS) benefits
Review information about LTSS benefits.
- CARE Card rewards program
You can earn rewards by doing things that help you stay healthy.
- Are pregnant
- Are sick or injured
- Experience a substance use disorder or have behavioral health needs
- Need assistance with tasks like eating, bathing, dressing or other activities of daily living
- Need help getting to and from your primary care provider's (PCP's) office
- Need medicines
You can get some services without getting a referral from your PCP. These include primary care, emergency care, women's health services, family planning services, children's screening services, services provided at local health departments, school-based services and some behavioral health services.
Covered and non-covered services
"Covered services" means AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina will pay for the services. These are also called benefits. "Non-covered services" means AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina will not pay for the services.
Still have questions?
Get in touch if you need more information about any of your AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina benefits. Call AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina Member Services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-855-375-8811 (TTY 1-866-209-6421).