NC Medicaid Managed Care provides benefits or health care services covered by your plan.
- Medical benefits
Get information on primary care, maternity care, hospital care, home health services, vision care and more.
- Extra benefits
View benefits and programs available in addition to standard NC Medicaid benefits.
- Behavioral health benefits
Review our services for members with mental health and substance use disorders.
- Pharmacy and prescription benefits
Learn about our pharmacy and prescription benefits.
- Long-term services and supports (LTSS) benefits
Review information about LTSS benefits.
- CARE Card rewards program
You can earn rewards by doing things that help you stay healthy.
- Are pregnant
- Are sick or injured
- Experience a substance use disorder or have behavioral health needs
- Need assistance with tasks like eating, bathing, dressing or other activities of daily living
- Need help getting to and from your primary care provider's (PCP's) office
- Need medicines
You can get some services without getting a referral from your PCP. These include primary care, emergency care, women's health services, family planning services, children's screening services, services provided at local health departments, school-based services and some behavioral health services.
Covered and non-covered services
"Covered services" means AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina will pay for the services. These are also called benefits. "Non-covered services" means AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina will not pay for the services. Find out more about what is and isn't covered by our plan.