Join Our Network
AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina continues to contract with health care providers across North Carolina to build a strong provider network in support of North Carolina Medicaid managed care.
We want to work with dedicated providers like you to deliver high-quality, coordinated and integrated health care services to underserved populations throughout North Carolina.
Become a participating provider.
Join AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina today.
Join us, and together we can improve the lives of North Carolina's Medicaid and NC Health Choice enrollees.
- Phone: Call Provider Recruitment 1-844-399-0474
- Fax: 1-855-707-5822
- Email: ProviderRecruitmentNC@amerihealthcaritas.com
Attn: Provider Network Management
8041 Arco Corporate Drive
Raleigh, NC 27617
The following sample provider agreements are approved by the NCDHHS. These documents are for your reference only. Please request a contract by email or by calling Provider Recruitment at 1-844-399-0474.
- Ancillary Services Agreement (PDF)
- Physician Provider Agreement (PDF)
- Hospital Services Agreement (PDF)
For pharmacy contracting questions and assistance, call PerformRx Contract Services at 1-800-555-5690.
For more information about the AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina contracting process, please see our Good Faith in Contracting Policy (PDF).
Note: The following NCDHHS guidance (excerpted from the Good Faith Provider Contracting Policy) will take effect January 1, 2022:
With the exception of out of network emergency services, post-stabilization services and services provided during transitions in coverage, ACNC is prohibited from reimbursing an out of network provider more than ninety percent (90%) of the Medicaid Fee-for-Service rate if: 1. ACNC has made a good faith effort to contract with a provider but the provider has refused that contract. F. ACNC Provider Network Management will notify the Provider Data Management department to create a provider record in the claims payment system for the Provider with whom good faith contracting efforts have failed, per Section I.B., and attach a ninety percent (90%) payment agreement to the Provider's record.
Why join AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina?
AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina will leverage the expertise and resources and more than 35 years' experience of our affiliate AmeriHealth Caritas organizations in improving the lives of Medicaid members in North Carolina.
Using our Population Health Management Model, AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina is committed to advancing and empowering providers, improving quality of care and health outcomes, and controlling health care costs for the North Carolina Medicaid program. Managed care is more than a business to us; it is an opportunity to meet the needs of the underserved, and make a difference in their lives. As a mission-based managed care organization, we put care at the heart of our work for our members, their families, and the communities we serve.
- Local presence. We are staffing our North Carolina health plan with local professionals who know the community because they already live and work there.
- E-solutions. We will support your practice with technologies that ease administration, from claims submission to patient health management.
- Partnership with the community. We collaborate with existing community organizations on programs and care plans to connect members with the help they need.
- Integrated health care management. Our comprehensive Care Management program includes an individualized plan of care that coordinates the delivery of physical and behavioral health care services, as well as social and environmental support needs.
- Behavioral health resources and support. We integrate behavioral health services and administer them directly. We offer tools and training to help providers screen for behavioral health conditions, such as depression and substance use disorder. We design new programs to improve member health, tailored to the needs of the membership.
- Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS). We offer a holistic, person-centered approach that integrates and coordinates needed services for our members who require LTSS.