Healthy Opportunities Pilot Program
What is the Healthy Opportunities Pilot program?
It can be hard to focus on your health if you have problems with your housing or worry about having enough food to feed your family. Through the Healthy Opportunities Pilot program, AmeriHealth Caritas North Carolina can help connect you to resources in your community to help with housing, food, transportation or personal safety concerns.
Program Start Dates
- March 15 – Food insecurity focus
- May 1 – Housing and transportation
- June 15 – Personal safety concerns
Call Member Services at 1-855-375-8811 (TTY 1-866-209-6421) if you:
- Worry about your housing or living conditions
- Have trouble getting enough food to feed yourself or your family
- Find it hard to get to appointments, work or school because of transportation issues
- Feel unsafe or are experiencing violence at home or in your community. If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
How to get access to the program:
- Talk with your health care provider.
- Talk with your Care Manager.
- Call Member Services at 1-855-375-8811 (TTY 1-866-209-6421).
- Use our secure contact form.
The Healthy Opportunities Pilot program is not available everywhere. The map below shows the North Carolina counties that have the program:
- New Hanover
Not all services will be available immediately in all areas.
ACNC members receiving Healthy Opportunities Pilot Program services now have access to Linkages to Health-related Legal Support. For more information on these services, contact your Care Manager or call Member Services at 1-855-375-8811 (TTY: 1-866-209-6421).